Traveling Day Date

Traveling and exploring new places is always exciting, and its even better with your best friend. So for Christmas my Fiancé surprised me with a day date to explore Charlotte, NC and to go to a NBA game! Getting prepared for the day trip I wanted to be comfortable and cute all day. I decided to go with my new FAVORITE Sam Edelman Leopard Boots. The block heel on these boots are super comfortable and leopard always makes you feel fierce. These Leopard boots are currently one of my favorite shoes I have ever owned. So, as for the rest of my outfit...I found the cutest company from Charlotte that had some amazing, quality sweaters that look great with my new Spanx leather leggings. I am currently LIVING in my leggings that were at the top of my Christmas list and LOVE them! I highly recommend these leggings because you can dress them up with boots and heels, or down with Nikes and an oversized coat!




So for our traveling plans, we started our journey with coffee (of course) and headed towards the Billy Graham Library. This was such a spectacular place. Jarrod and I wanted to stop there on our way into the city to experience the magnitude of how God has worked through Billy Graham's life and especially pray for our marriage coming in June.



Then we headed into the city for lunch! We went to the coolest spot called Olde Mecklenburg. It has the most amazing atmosphere with an indoor/outdoor seating. It is so nice it is even a wedding venue! Inside you can seat yourself and watch a little ESPN while enjoying some amazing food. We had the french dip and swiss and the pretzel burger...so good! Outside has a ton of space for seating, large heaters for the winter months, and games to play outside. If you are looking for a place to eat with a fun atmosphere, this is a 10/10!







Next we went site seeing downtown (MORE COFFEE) and found places to shop before we went into the Spectrum center for the NBA game. Our seats were in the most fun area and ended up on the Jumbotron! Charlotte Hornets played Oklahoma City Thunder and the Thunder ended up winning!
After the game we drove through the South Park area and went towards the Mall to shop and eat! Jarrod let me shop at all of my favorite stores (and Anthropologie is an extra 40% off right now). After the busy day we stopped for dinner at one of Jarrod's favorite places, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. I had never been so we really enjoyed the food and reflecting on our day in Charlotte.

If you are looking for your next place to travel, I recommend taking on Charlotte for the day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts